Sunday, March 1, 2009

Thrift Store Fun!


Sam and I went thrifting yesterday! We found some really awesome stuff! I'd never been before, it was so much fun! Then we got busy and my wonderful husband painted a dresserfor me. My grandparents gave me a dresser that was my moms when she was a little girl. It was in GREAT shape just needed to be clean and needed alittle paint! I decided to put this dresser in my guestroom. And I got to use most of my thrift store findings!! WARNING: Lots of pictures!



Before:




After: In my guestroom
Alittle blurry. The cross above the new dresser was a wedding gift, and it is from Mexico. One of my favorite crosses.


The turquoise piece, the candle holder, and the little heart piece are all from the thrift store.

This is one of my favorite pieces that I found yesterday. So pretty! I got it for like $5.00!


I found this adorable egg at the thrift store. I actually found another one with blue. Is it too early to put easter stuff up?!

I hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday afternoon!

Love, Emily

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!!!!!!! the dresser looks great!!!!!!!!!! I love it! and I totally love the little turquoise piece too! What a deal!!!

Elise said...

What a great guestroom!! I would totally love to stay in there!! I say go on and put out your Easter decor!!
Elise

Eclectic Chic Style said...

Isn't thrift store shopping fun? All the little cast off's of someone else becomes beautiful treasures for us. Great job!! It's beautiful. I found you through another blog and am a new follower!!! (a fellow Texas Girlie)

Karen said...

Hello Emily!
Thanks for visiting my blog! I know Your sil Abigail - she is a new follower of mine too!
Yay! It's so fun to meet new friends.
Love your thrift finds. Isn't it grand when you find something you love? I've had my share of those.
I know about the hectic life too. But Girl! Yours are just beginning! (hehehe)
HAGE! I'll be back! Karen

Shannon said...

No, it is not too soon to put the Easter decor out!!! :)

The dresser looks awesome! What a special piece since it was your moms! Love all your finds!